Lately famous dermatologists have been agreeing on a fairly simple skincare regimen to prevent aging and combat already existing skin damage.Â Many leading medical professionals concur that if you can only use one product in the morning and one at night, make it a sunscreen and a retinoid, respectively.Â While itâ€™s an easy formula to follow, the trick may be in choosing the right sunscreen and retinol treatment.
Step 1 â€“ the sunscreen:
- Donâ€™t be fooledÂ – all skin tones benefit from sun protection â€“ it prevents brown spots and discoloration
- The sunâ€™s rays can create discoloration even when itâ€™s cold out, so donâ€™t give up the sunscreen just because summer has ended
- If you are outdoors sunscreen should be reapplied every 2 hours, or more often if you are sweating or go in the water
- Choose one with UVA and UVB protection
- Shoot for a high SPF, never less than 15
- Recommendation:Â Aveeno Positively Ageless Sunblock Lotion with SPF 70 for Face
Step 2 â€“ the retinoid:
- Retinoid creams available in both prescription and over-the-counter strengths; both of which build collagen and soften lines.
- The prescription version is stronger â€“ therefore it will have faster, more noticeable results, but it will also be more irritating â€“ causing redness and dry patches.
- Start with an OTC version and if you like the results but feel you need more, visit your dermatologist to discuss a prescription version.
- Recommendation:Â Neutrogena Dermatologics Retinol NX Serum
Put your best face forward with these quick steps!